Artist in Residence 2018
Using a mobile saw mill but not sawing the lumber all the way through, the artist Thomas Rappaport (1957-2019) from Stuttgart creates his characteristic sculptures. In Vättis Rappaport got the opportunity to do all the sawing himself and to experiment with the local stubborn wood.
During his stay from Juli 18th till August 8th three new permanent sculptures were created:
- "Der Baum ist der Künstler" (the tree is the artist), 3,6m Larch. Exhibited at the former hospital.
- Bench, spruce, 2m, exhibited at the cemetery in Vättis
- Bench, silver fir, 3m, exhibited at the cemetery in Vättis
Untill the middle of 2019 temporarily exhibited:
- "Skizze 1", 3m, spruce, Trög (road to Gigerwald)
- "Skizze 2", 5m, spruce, Kunkelsstrasse near the former saw mill
- "Büel", 3,9m, larch, above the bus stop
Interview with Thomas Rappaport in the "Sarganserländer" from August 3rd, 2018 (local newspaper, in German)